r.watershed ls-factor

Chuck Ehlschlaeger chuck at lambert.GEOG.UCSB.EDU
Mon Aug 8 13:30:56 EDT 1994

>I'm using r.watershed to derive RUSLE-LS-factors. To exclude forested areas,
>I applyed the blocking option in r.watershed. After all I got some strange
>results, e.g. non missing values within the blocking land.
>Are there any bugs known, concernig r.watershed?

The blocking land input map only resets the horizontal flow to zero.  Thus,
each cell that is blocking will still retain the slope length flowing to that
point.  Cells downslope of a blocking cell will have a value of the distance
from the center of the blocking cell.  From your description, it is not a
bug, but what is intended (I'm not saying that it is correct).

chuck