r.water.fea problem - HELP!!

John Talcott talcott at trg.saic.com
Wed Aug 10 21:28:02 EDT 1994

I have already sent a copy of this memo to the r.water.fea
authors, Nalneesh Gaur and Baxter Vieux, however, I have not
received any response. If anyone has experienced the problem
I describe below, PLEASE e-mail me suggestions. I am running
out of time!! Thanks for any assistance!!

I am trying to use r.water.fea and I am running into
a problem when r.water.fea tries to build the channel topology.
I ran r.watershed and r.slope.aspect to generate the necessary
files for use by r.water.fea.

This is my current region (which is also the default region)

GRASS 4.1 > g.region -p
projection: 1 (UTM)
zone:       11
north:      3692503.27740864
south:      3665015.5
east:       476510.67069486
west:       453566.6223565
nsres:      92.24086379
ewres:      77.77643505
rows:       298
cols:       295

The following is what happens when I am running r.water.fea,
selecting watershed basins:

Please adjust location of your monitor.
[Hit RETURN to continue]

Drawing maps .....................

Buttons
 Left: select basin
 Right: quit
Basin <6> selected
Basin <10> selected
Basin <12> selected
Basin <8> selected

These are the basins that you have selected.

These are the corresponding streams.

Your stream network should be continuous.
Do you wish to delete any basins ?
(y/n) n
Building Channel Topology ......                WARNING: [fea.stream.xxx in
cwcm
] - read request for row 298 is outside
         region
WARNING: [fea.stream.xxx in cwcm] - read request for row 298 is outside
         region

I don't know why I get the above warning or exactly what it means.
Step 2 does not exit normally, however, I tried to proceed
to step 3 but I immediately get the following fatal error:

Extracting data for Basin 1 ............  58%
ERROR value of -6

I have been extremely careful with regards to the region.
Can you give me an idea of what's happening and how I might go
about trying to get this to work? I appreciate any assistance you
can provide! Thank you!

John C Talcott talcott at trg.saic.com
Science Applications Intl. Corp. (SAIC)
10260 Campus Point Drive