Stitching together rasters

Susan Huse sue at ced.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 18 12:07:41 EDT 1994

> From grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil Thu Aug 18 08:24:01 1994
> Date: Thu, 18 Aug 94 16:18 BST-1
> From: nra at cix.compulink.co.uk (N R A  )
> Subject: Stitching together rasters
> Sender: grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
>

> Is there any easy way to 'stitch' together 2 (or more) rasters maps -
> this is mainly in regard to our use of r.watershed to produce an aspect
> map for the whole region. On our poor little Sun IPX doing it in one go
> would take forever, but I estimate that doing it as say about 4x10
> smaller blocks would only take about 40 hours. This is only really of any
> use if I can then somehow combine the small blocks back into one 'aspect'
> map.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Steve Culshaw
> NRA North West
> e-mail : nra at cix.compulink.co.uk (use this for general usage)
> or         sculshaw at cix.compulink.co.uk (Private - only checked at best
> biweekly)

r.patch will do that.  It combines raster maps into one map.  Areas of
"no data" in the first map will be filled with data from the second.
Areas of no data in the first and second will be filled by the third and
so on.  Be sure to set your region to include all of the input maps.

-Sue Huse
REGIS
UC Berkeley