Importing Atlas GIS data into GRASS

John L. Sparco sparco at strauss.udel.edu
Sat Aug 20 11:27:16 EDT 1994

On Wed, 17 Aug 1994, Anne Gisiger wrote:

> Hello
>
> I need to know whether anyone managed to import Atlas GIS data in GRASS. There
> were discussions a few months ago about using v.in.ascii or
> v.in.dxf... Anything new?
> Also I heard of the contrib module v.in.atlas. Can it be of some help and
> did anyone use it successfully?

Anne,

There is a v.in.atlas module available on the moon.  v.in.ascii and
v.in.dxf are methods I tried unsuccessfully.  I can get you more
information this week as to the module location.  It imports bna files
from Atlas into GRASS vector files.  From that point, you can go to raster
or site files.  You'll probably have to spend some time cleaning up the
data if you're importing polygons.

If you need more information, feel free to email or call me.

John

            \\\//
           -(o o)-
|     John L. Sparco        |