Help with XKeysymDB file

Terje Midtboe terjem at igf.unit.no
Tue Feb 1 10:45:37 EST 1994

> I have installed the binaries for GRASS4.1 on a SUN machine running
>SUNOS 4.1.3. In a README file I was instructed to append the
>XKeysymDB.motif file to the end of XKeysymDB in /usr/openwin/lib. I
>did this, started Xgrass, and got a long list of warnings that
>basicly say openwindows does not recognize the osf keymapings. I then
>looked at the file and noticed that the osf keymappings had a colon
>in front of them. I removed these, restarted and got the same errors.

> Anyone got any ideas? I am running openwindows 3.

>                             Thanks, Lance Smith
>                                     National Marine Fisheries Service
>                                     Silver Spring, MD

I had the same problems some weeks ago. Ken Sibley
(ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov) wrote that the binary version of Xgrass
expects the XKeysymDB file to be situated at
/grass.src/X11R5/lib/X11/

--

Terje

Terje Midtboe
Division of Surveying and Mapping	Phone:  +47 73 59 45 83
University of Trondheim			Fax:    +47 73 59 46 21
N-7034 TRONDHEIM			E-mail: terjem at iko.unit.no
NORWAY