CReating a contour vector map

DUNN_JS at gold.colorado.edu DUNN_JS at gold.colorado.edu
Fri Feb 4 15:04:59 EST 1994

Hi there ,

Just a general question that I thought i'd throw out  as it has kind of stumped
me.

I am running an icemodel and have recently doubled the dimensions of the grid
that the model operates on, i.e. quadrupled the number of elements in the arraysthat the model uses.

The problem is the swap space requirements for the model are now 15 times greater than before, and the ALPHA I am using it on bearly has enough space.

The swap space requirement now being 207MB .

My question is generally can swap space packets be altered so only specific
amounts are used or is it just sent in one BIG BLOCK?

Any info on models and swap space would be a help.

The model operates on a cartesian grid system 80kmX80km defined as (64,48) in the array.

Thanks

Jeremy