p.map panels - startpanel and endpanel

Scott Wade wade at vinny.cecer.army.mil
Mon Feb 7 12:58:29 EST 1994

Srinivasan (srin at brcsun0.tamu.edu) writes:

> while using p.map it prints a message on the screen
> panel (1 of 3)
> then 2 of 3 and 3 of 3.
>
> But the output I get from p.map is one file paint.ppm
>
> How do I separate the output for each panel and write it to
> different files?

    The GRASS Users Manual entries for p.map and p.map.new fail
    to mention the instructions "startpanel" and "endpanel".
    The user can specify which panel to begin printing, and
    which panel to end printing.  The defaults, of course, are
    the first and last panels.  Use "startpanel" and "endpanel"
    in a map script.

    Example:

       startpanel 2

    This will start output at panel 2 and continue to end.  If the
    map is only one panel wide, nothing will be output.

    Another example:

       startpanel 2
       endpanel 3

    This will output only panels two and three, if they exist.

    These worked when I tested "p.map" with "p.select preview2".  They
    might work for Srin's use of "p.select ppm".

    Scott Wade   wade at vinny.cecer.army.mil
    My words, not my employer's.....
    These are NOT official USACERL comments in any way....