request for platform info

HARBOR at fs.sciences.WLU.EDU HARBOR at fs.sciences.WLU.EDU
Mon Feb 7 16:05:35 EST 1994

I am in a geology department at a small liberal arts college trying to get
started in GRASS.  We are negotiating equipment with the dean.  Most of the
computers on the campus are macs, but all of the UNIX programming is done on
HP workstations.   I and the rest of the department use macs;  I have no
unix experience, but others do.

Some questions.

Does A/UX on the Mac work well or would I be sacrificing speed/ease of use?

Will I be able to use our 20-mac classroom, all of them running off the A/UX
driver (for class instruction)?

Will Mac continue to support A/UX when Power-PC comes out?

Does GRASS work well on an HP platform?  Can I make a lab with X terminals
to  teach 8-10 students?

What low-cost options are there for color, large format ouput?

Thanks

David Jorgensen Harbor
Geology Department Howe Hall
Washington and Lee University
Lexington VA 24450
703 463 8871 office and dreaded phone mail
703 342 6132 home (in Roanoke VA)
E-mail harbor at fs.science.wlu.edu