GNU C compiler

Ronald Wiemer ronald at archis.nl
Wed Feb 9 16:31:18 EST 1994

Hi there,

I am trying to install the GNU C-compiler on solaris 2.3. Since there is no
usuable C compiler included in this version of solaris, I tried to compile
gcc on a machine running sunos 4.1.2. This worked fine. The compiled compiler
also runs on solaris 2.3, but it complains about the linker, ld, which is
in de directory /usr/ccs/bin. So I still haven't got a working gcc.

Is there anyone who has installed gcc and probably GNU-ld on solaris 2.3, and
willing to help me with this installation, without buying a commercial
C-compiler, which is to expensive for us. What is most important is that I have
to know the steps to take to correctly install gcc on solaris. You can contact
me on my own e-mail address, ronald at archis.nl

Thanks

Ronald Wiemer
ARCHIS, Amersfoort, The Netherlands.