r.report

Allan Axon aaxon at ogsun1.dnr.ohio.gov
Wed Feb 9 11:20:10 EST 1994

> I am wondering if there is a way to use r.report
> to give me data on just a portion of a region.
> For example, my region is set up for the Great
> Lakes, if instead of using r.report for the whole
> region I just wanted to do r.report on one lake how
> would I do it?  Is this simply a matter of setting
> a new region.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim

You can set a new region.

You can also use a mask to outline areas which are not rectangular and that you
want to use to define your report area.  You could use a map of the Great
Lakes to mask one or several lakes and then run r.report to get results from
just these areas.

Allan Axon

Ohio Department of Natural Resources |
Division of Geological Survey        |
Coal Geology Group                   |      Phone: 614-265-1030
4383 Fountain Square Dr.             |      FAX:   614-447-1918
Columbus, OH  43224-1362             |
Internet:  aaxon at ogsun1.dnr.ohio.gov