r.combine

E.A. Koster ekoster at let.rug.nl
Thu Feb 10 10:10:54 EST 1994

I have combined and transformed two raster-maps with i.rectify, now I want
to combine those two maps as an overlay. I thought to use r.combine for this
and to create an overlay, normally this works correct but now I only get a
black area, so I mail to this group.

Both maps are grey-scale maps scanned and imported with r.in.sunrast. I trans-
formed one of the maps with i.rectify after an i.points.
When I look at this map and plot it to screen its correct and I can create an
overlay with another map.

Now I start r.combine, when I type
[1]: (k8543.new)
the part of the screen where this map should be plotted goes black, also orders
like (group 0-10 (k8543.new)) have no effect.

Is it possible that this happens because the maps are grey-scale ? or because
the have to much categories (255) ?

If there is anyone out there who knows this problem and knows the solution
please mail me ...

thanks--
Elwin

	  ARCHITECTURE, MORPHOLOGY and INFORMATION-SYSTEMS

	Elwin Koster               email: ekoster at let.rug.nl
	University of Groningen    phone:   (+31) 50 636 096
	K.A.A.                     fax:     (+31) 50 635 886
	P.O. BOX 716
	9700 AS Groningen
	the Netherlands