Determining lengths of vector lines

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Sat Feb 12 00:21:43 EST 1994

I wrote on 11 Feb 94:
>I've modified d.what.vect to do this (seems logical since it
>already calculates areas). If these seems like something

some kind folks have pointed out that the length calculations are not
correct for lat-long. Thank you. I know. The area calculations in the
existing d.what.vect are probably not correct either for lat-long.

So... Don't use d.what.vect (or my mod) for anything where human lives
can be drastically altered or canceled. I've corrected the way that
lengths are calculated and sent these corrections to someone in
charge. Someday we'll get the areas right, too.

--Darrell