v.transform and point data problems

Brenda Colleen Cullen cullen at crsa.bu.edu
Thu Feb 17 12:57:04 EST 1994

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately I can't offer you any help but I'm having a similar problem which
I think is generated by AutoCAD in the first place and which is perpetuated
inside of GRASS.

After importing contour data in dxf format, I notice that there were
vertical lines appearing at intervals through the displayed image.
I realized that the point elevations which were included in the same file as
the contour lines were corrupting the file.  I v.out.ascii'ed and notice that
the point elevations were in the format:

P  2
        36.85        23.65
        18.01        23.65
P  2
        36.25        19.41
        18.01        19.41
P  2
        34.47        20.71
        18.01        20.71
P  2
        33.48        22.42
        18.01        22.42

The value 18.01 reoccurs in every point in the same place and is what is
corrupting the data.  Has anyone had experience in correcting this problem,
either in GRASS or in AutoCAD?

Thank you very much!

Brenda Cullen
Department of Archaeology