d.histogram problem

Rusty Dodson dodson at towhee.cor2.epa.gov
Fri Feb 18 15:05:08 EST 1994

Has anyone noticed that histograms produced by d.histogram
can be significantly different when they are drawn on display frames
of different sizes?

For example, given a raster called "dem", create a histogram
using the entire graphics screen.  Then, use "d.frame -c" to make
a smaller frame in the top-left margin.  Draw another histogram of dem
in the new frame without erasing the first one.

When I do various repetitions of the above, using different-sized
frames, I get vastly different results at times.  I'm using 4.1, but
not the latest release.

Has anyone seen this happen?  Am I missing something?

Thanks for any information,

Rusty Dodson
dodson at towhee.cor2.epa.gov