Getting out the coordinates

Nalneesh Gaur ngaur at apwk01g3.abrfc.noaa.gov
Fri Feb 18 15:26:00 EST 1994

The original data shows of and looks good. I think it is the way
GRASS handles its vector format. I have seen that even ARc Info
handles it similarly. It is defining an area based on a center point and
lines.

However you can try doing something like this by converting a raster
area map to a vector map and then taking a v.out.ascii. That is how I
have obtained this Area. As far as GRASS is concerned it shows out but
then other applications cannot separate that area. In other words the
Ascii file forms a good contiguous set but if we try to separate one
area from the file that will not work.

Nalneesh Gaur, River Forecast Center, TULSA