Installation size of Grass4.1

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Feb 22 14:32:29 EST 1994

I believe the size difference is due to the binaries having statically, rather
than dynamically, linked. The sun4 binary release does take just under 118 meg
when unpacked; the archive files themselves are around 83 meg.

Also, the binary release includes XGRASS, as well as the main and alpha
programs.

When I compiled the main and alpha programs on sun4 architecture, the total
disk space was < 37 meg.

It took me around six hours to ftp the sun4 binary release off of the moon a
couple of days ago. I don't know if this is typical or not.

--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159