postscript output

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Feb 22 15:05:39 EST 1994

Since you have GRASS, I would say just use ps.map. You will have to make a
"fake" ps.device file (under $GISBASE/etc/paint/ps.devices) to define page
size and resolution, but you do not *need* any kind of PostScript printer to
create PostScript files.

> I fully admit that I have not spent the necessary time on this, so you can
> just ignore me. However, if someone wants to bother:
>
> What is the most straightforward way to convert a raster / paint file to
> postscript, if one does not have a PS device directly attached?
>
> Thanks,
> mzk PRI @ USAEC

Regards,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159