digital wetlands data

Scott Tweddale tweddale at gis.uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 23 10:51:06 EST 1994

Digital National Wetlands Inventory (NWI) data is available from teh USFWS and I believe that you can even request it in a GRASS vector format.  As is the case with other digital data (DEMs, DLGs) produced by federal agencies, coverage of the U.S. is not complete and you need to check for availability in your area of interest.

For more information, please refer to the tutorial "Importing National Wetlands Inventory Data", which is available through the GRASS Info Center.  I also believe that Sue Hanson from USACERL-TAC posted a point of contact at the USFWS
a few days ago.  I hope this helps.

Scott Tweddale
U. of Illinois GIS Laboratory
USACERL