SPARCprinter driver

Wang Song wang at cast.uark.edu
Thu Feb 24 11:33:56 EST 1994

Jim,

	Sparc laser printer should come with NewSprint driver which allows
printing of PostScript file. MAPGEN has the PostScript driver "ps". You could
generate a printable PostScript file with MAPGEN using a command similar to
this:
	plotter -dr ps -s $map_scale ovm/* > postscript_file.ps

	By the way, a long time ago, I wrote an extented postscript driver for
MAPGEN to print a map on SPARC laser printer which allows you changing the
origin, scale, orientation of the MAPGEN map (in ps format) on SPARC printer
in case the default postscript file generated by MAPGEN may not satisfy you.

	Anyway, try MAPGEN ps driver first, if you need to adjust it, let me
know, I will send you the driver I wrote.

Song Wang
CAST/NCRI
12 Ozark Hall
University of Arkansas