Help with r.in.ascii

lewis at NRC.WES.ARMY.MIL lewis at NRC.WES.ARMY.MIL
Thu Feb 24 15:55:24 EST 1994

Hi. Can anyone tell me what r.in.ascii expects in the way of data in terms
of north, south, east and west. I.E. what units are these numbers supposed to
be?
Sorry if this question is stupid, but I'm having to learn grass with the
user's manual, so I havent even figured out yet what standard units are used,
if any, or just what exactly the raster data is supposed to be. I assume
the ascii input file is elevation? or just value in general? Also, r.in.ascii
converts my ascii file, and i told it to call the binary raster result
test1, so then is it test1 i want to view or one of the support files
created.

Lewis