v.in.arc label-text file

Oliver Weatherbee oliver at earthview.cms.udel.edu
Fri Feb 25 10:41:04 EST 1994

In article 01H9AQM8DYF69JD203 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU, KLENKUS1 at VAXC.STEVENS-TECH.EDU writes:
> If I understand your problem correctly the data will transfer
> into grass fine, but you can not import it with the text
> file attached.
>
> Look at your text file and it will probably look like the
> following:
>
> 2  NW  Unionville NY-NJ           0032
> 3  NW  Port Jervis South NJ-NY    0011
>
> ...(helpful suggestion deleted)...

Actually, I am not sure HOW to generate the text file at all from Arc/Info.  I am
trying to import the NOAA coastal framework data which delineates various estuarine,
fluvial, and coastal drainage areas and although I am having no problems bringing in
the actual vectors, I am stumped as to how to include the polygon attribute data i.e.
the data in the arc/info .pat file.

Oliver Weatherbee
oliver at earthview.cms.udel.edu