d.rast.edit problem with zoomed resolution

John Talcott talcott at trg.saic.com
Fri Feb 25 15:47:37 EST 1994

I am having problems editing raster files using d.rast.edit on
my SGI IRIS (4D-35TG Model running IRIX 4.0.1). If I don't zoom,
the edit option works OK, but when I zoom first and then edit, I
get the following error message:
     |         Creating temporary edit file      |
     +--------------------------------------- 100%

ERROR: current window resolution does not match cell layer's resolution

     |                d.rast.edit aborts         |

Before I use d.rast.edit, I set my region using g.region rast=image_file
and after d.rast.edit aborts, I check the region and the zoomed
region has EXACTLY the same resolution as the original region.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!
John C Talcott talcott at trg.saic.com
Science Applications Intl. Corp. (SAIC)
10260 Campus Point Drive
San Diego CA 92121