Long/lat=>state plane

Carl Fitz fitz at cbl.umd.edu
Mon Feb 28 09:10:17 EST 1994

I'm starting up with GRASS 4.1beta (haven't compiled the newer yet) and
wonder if there is a straightforward means of converting site data
provided in longtitude:latitude format into the xy of state plane.  My
project location currently uses state plane coords; I've also been given a
rectified coverage in UTM (zone 17, I'm working in south Florida).  The
way I see it, I need to create a new location, read in my UTM, use m.ll2u
to convert my long/lat data into UTM, then get that coverage location into
my state plane coverage.  I see some "holes" in this procedure before I
even start (such as getting one coordinate system of a location set into
the other location set), so am wondering if there is any less convoluted
way of doing this.

Thanks very much,
H. Carl Fitz                   Internet: fitz at cbl.umd.edu
MIIEE, Univ. of Maryland          Phone: (410) 326-7249
Box 38, Solomons, MD 20688          FAX: (410) 326-7354