No subject

John L Sparco sparco at bach.udel.edu
Wed Jan 5 16:44:55 EST 1994

Hi.  I'm a new GRASS user and am trying to convert my Atlas GIS files to GRASS.
I have been following the thread on ARC/INFO conversions hoping to gain some
insight into my problem.  Needless to say, I haven't been very successful.  I've
tried to export my Atlas data in dxf format and use v.in.dxf to suck it into
GRASS.  The data consists of points and polygons with attributes attached to each.
It appears to me that the general strategy seems to be to get the data into
GRASS in vector form and then I can get to raster or site data from there.  Is
this the best approach?  As of now, v.in.dxf reads the dxf file but I get no
output vector file.

John Sparco