USGS dems into grass

Eric Lambert lambert at gis.uiuc.edu
Mon Jan 10 15:57:56 EST 1994

Hello all.

I have one of the ever-popular USGS dems here.  It came from the Reston ftp site, and I want to bring it into Grass.  I am specifically interested in hearing from someone who has already done this SUCCESSFULLY.  I know that there must be someone out there who has.

My attempts so far have been to use the commands m.dmaUSGSread and m.rot90 and r.in.ll.  These have lead to unreadable, smeared DEMs.  I have only been able to view the DEM after some row-col calculations, a new header, and the use of r.in.ascii.  However, the file still needs to be rotated 90 degrees counter-clockwise.  So I'm still stuck.

Please lend a hand and I'll summarize the info I get.

Thanks.  I'll give out any additional info I can if it's needed.

-Eric

Eric Lambert                                    Lab: (217) 333-5919
Illinois Natural History Survey
607 E. Peabody Drive
Champaign, IL 61802

E-mail:lambert at gis.uiuc.edu