uncompressing and printing

wadada AGYEI at net2.eos.uoguelph.ca
Thu Jan 13 12:59:04 EST 1994

 In the first place my sincere thanks to all those who responded to
my quest for info on Linux documentation.

I have managed to pick up the following system and manual pages file:

          1.  man-pages-1.2.tar.gz
          2.  sag-alpha-1.div.gz
          3.  sag-alpha-1.ps.gz
          4.  sag-alpha-1.tar.gz

The problem now lies in uncompressing these files in order to print
them out. I have used the "uncompress" command on "*.ps.Z" files to
obtain my postscipt files alright. Do I have to use the same command
for the above files. I know after using whatever command, the third
file will result in a postscript file which I can get onto our
network and print it out quite easily. we do this because our unix is
not yet configured to a printer. However, I am not sure about the
fate of 1,2,and 4 after uncompressing. This question is very
important to me because of the problem of coping files from unix onto
"DOS" network before printing. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

eugene
            e-mail: agyei at net.eos.uoguelph.ca