how to install manual pages?

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Fri Jan 14 11:57:32 EST 1994

> I am just installing some contributed code from incoming.
> Some shell scripts come with manual pages in troff format.
> What is the best way to install them into the online location?
> (ie $GISBASE/man/3)  Should I just run nroff -man and copy them
> across, or is there a more elegant way?
>
> Simon Cox

Copy the man page to $GIS/man/man3 (or whichever man directory is appropriate)
and run gmake4.1 in the $GIS/man directory. (I'm using $GIS as the installation
manual does; this is the directory under which your source code is installed.)
MAKELINKS is not required after this.

--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159