making slides

Josef Fuerst fuerst at donau.boku.ac.at
Thu Jan 20 08:15:05 EST 1994

> Has anyone succeeded in making slides directly from GRASS images, as
> opposed to photographing the screen?  If so, how did you do it?

I use with good success the xgrab Screen Grabber by Bruce Schuchardt (
you can download it from any ftp site where X-Windows contrib's are
available). It has -among others- the option to output colour postscript.
These files are processed by 'Freedom of Press' on a PC that has a
Laser Film Recorder attached to it to make 24x36 mm slides.

Josef Fuerst

Dipl.Ing. Dr. Josef Fuerst
Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur
Institut fuer Wasserwirtschaft, Hydrologie und konstruktiven Wasserbau
Nussdorfer Laende 11
A-1190 Wien
AUSTRIA

Tel: +43 1 3692924 360