making slides

Brandy Riche brandy at lewis.enrd
Thu Jan 20 10:12:59 EST 1994

We have actually used several methods to do slide production of GRASS maps.
Depending on whether you have your own slidemaker or you are sending it out,
you have different formats you can use.  If it needs to be in a postscript
format, we have used Framemaker on the unix side-doing a framemaker screen
capture and putting text/legends/etc on, then saving it to a postscript file.

If it doesn't need to be postscript, we use Sun's "screendump" to capture the
map as a Sun rasterfile, which is importable into programs like HiJaak
Pro (dos) and can be exported out into numerous formats acceptable
to our dos applications.  HiJaak Pro is inexpensive and we have found it to
be quite useful.  It can cut out unwanted areas of the screen that may be
captured with screendump, and it can do color substitution as well. We
have used it in conjunction with programs like Harvard and CorelDraw to
dress up the GRASS maps before production of slides and have been quite
successful.

Good Luck!

Brandy Riche, CTT
Fort Lewis, WA