Hummingbird's eXceed/MS

Ken Sibley ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov
Thu Jan 20 16:45:07 EST 1994

> Here's another approach we have just started playing with here:
> We're running Hummingbird's Exceed X emulator on a 486 microcomputer
> (under MS Windows), running GRASS remotely.  It's a little
> shaky, i.e., if you drop ;another window on top of your
> GRASS monitor window, you've lost whatever was painted
> there.
>
> John Mackenzie
> FREC, U. of Delaware

John,
On another note,  if you go into the setup on Hummingbird's eXceed/MS X
package and turn off the save unders, I know it sounds backwards, you
will not lose your picture when you drop other windows on top of the
grass graphics monitor.

I am now trying out their serial version of this package to allow me to
run grass in the office and display at home.

Ken Sibley
USDA-SCS
ksibley at ncg.scs.ag.gov