USGS dems into grass

grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
Tue Jan 18 18:20:15 EST 1994

>I have one of the ever-popular USGS dems here.  It came from the Reston ftp sit>e, and I want to bring it into Grass.  I am specifically interested in hearing >from someone who has already done this SUCCESSFULLY.  I know that there must be>someone out there who has.

Eric,  I have been using the program m.dem.extract.  As I recall older versions
of this program expected the data to be on a tape and not your disk, but I think
this has been corrected.  I'm using a version that was modified by the U.S.G.S.
The blocksize I use for 7.5' dems is 8192.

If you would like the version that I am using, contact me at:

grass5 at tinman.mm.uky.edu

Jerry Weisenfluh

----- End Included Message -----