distance to feature calculations

Patricia Woodman larwodmn at reading.ac.uk
Tue Jul 5 12:06:15 EDT 1994

I have been using grass for about 6 months now, so I suppose I am still a
relatively new user.

I would like to know if it is possible to generate a data layer showing
distances from water for each pixel i.e. to start with a data layer either
raster or vector of rivers streams lakes etc and to produce a final layer
indicating how far the nearest source of water is to each pixel.

I'm sure it is really easy to do if you happen to be capable of writing
scripts, but unfortunately I'm not.

I would appreciate any help at all

Thanks a million

Paddy

Patricia (Paddy) Woodman                   Telephone (0734) 875123 ext 7310
Department of Archaeology                  Fax (0734) 318132
University of Reading                      Email larwodmn at reading.ac.uk
Whiteknights
PO Box 218
Reading RG6 2AA