s.surf.tps

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Tue Jul 12 23:50:40 EDT 1994

Harri Kiiveri (harrik at per.dms.csiro.au) writes on 12 Jul 94:
>I remember seeing something recently about crossvalidation software for
>choosing the smoothing parameter in s.surf.tps . Is this available, and if so
>where is it ?

could it have been the stuff on pasture?
  s.kcv - partitions sites for k-fold validation
  s.sample - image sampling
this works for the general case - not just s.surf.tps. I've been
using both of these to find optimal tension and smoothing parameters.

URL is ftp://pasture.ecn.purdue.edu/pub/mccauley/grass
(pasture will be unavailable from Friday until maybe Monday)

--Darrell