Importing maps having different resolutions

Robert Fraser (FO 1999) rfraser at minerva.cis.yale.edu
Wed Jul 13 15:06:17 EDT 1994

I have successfully imported layers from IDRISI (soils, DEM, etc.) and
ERMAPPER (TM band) into GRASS using the r.in.ascii program.  All of these
layers have 30m resolution and the same number of rows and columns (i.e. 229
by 417).

I am now trying to import a Landsat MSS band having 56*79 m resolution
into the same LOCATION.  In ERMAPPER I windowed out an 87 row by 223 column
area corresponding to the previous layers and created an ascii file.  The
problem is, after I run r.in.ascii and try to display the band, I get a
series of discontinuous, coloured bands.

Does anyone know how I could resample my MSS band to the 30m resolution
and bring it into my 30m resolution LOCATION?

Thanks,

Robert Fraser
Yale School of Forestry
Hydro Lab