Question about Viewing DLG files in GRASS

Michael Hill mhill at chiswick.anprod.CSIRO.AU
Wed Jul 27 19:54:46 EDT 1994

stuff deleted ...

> I saved the above region and then ran d.vect on the file with the
> same name as the dlg file I had converted. It ran through merrily
> but nothing came up on the X display.
>
> I have since tried various different combinations of the option settings,
> all to no avail.
>
> It would be immensely helpful if someone could point out the
> (maybe obvious) error I am making.
>

> Thanks again in advance.
> Shaji

As far as I can remember the Grass v.in.dlg has alway had a bug which does
not correctly record the header information from dlg files. I have found it
necessary to do it manually in v.digit at the first definition screen. If
you try to look at your file in v.digit you will see that the north,south,
east, west coords are absent or wrong. Just change them to the correct ones
from the dlg header and all should be well.

Personally I find v.in.dlg a real pain!

Mike Hill

Michael J Hill
Senior Research Scientist
CSIRO Pastoral Research Laboratory, Armidale, NSW, Australia,2350.
E-Mail address: mhill at chiswick.anprod.csiro.au