Lat-Lon reg points

Doug Bradley doug at nps.unm.edu
Thu Jul 28 12:55:04 EDT 1994

Hey anyone,
 I'm trying to digitize a map depicting some ecoregions of the entire USA.
I've set up a lat-lon location which seems good to me.  My problem starts
when I am asked to enter the registration points.  I just cant seem to get
the proper format for these points.  Here is what some of my attempts look
like.

	45N	        125W
	45:00:00N	125:00:00W
	45:00:00 N	125:00:00 W
	45:00:00.ffN	125:00:00.ffW

the last one is my best interpretation of the few lines used to describe
the required entries in the v.digit program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, a prize may be awaiting your successful
response.

Thanx,

Doug Bradley
Southwest GIS Support Center