GRASS Version

Arlin B Collins arlin at tiaer.tarleton.edu
Thu Jul 28 16:55:57 EDT 1994

provided via ftp by the Army Corps of Engineers in  Urbana-Champ  ILL

try:   ftp moon.cecer.army.mil
       login   anon
       locate  grass  4.1.3   (I just retrieved it about 7 weeks ago)

       look for PostScript documentation files...
       they print about  1000  double sided pages
       if you have the feature.

no license, no money,  we already paid thru  tax money  :-)

I installed on a sun  SS10-30 running  Solaris 1.1 (== SunOS 4.1.3)

good luck,
  Arlin

--
  Arlin B Collins             Info Sys Mgr - TIAER
  arlin at tiaer.tarleton.edu    Box T-258, 201 St. Felix

In article <9407281245.AA15429 at smokey.forestry.utoronto.ca> you wrote:

: ----------

: hello,

: i tried posting this before but it just got lost some place, must have taken
: the wrong exit on the information super-highway.

: i would like to install GRASS on our system here in the lab. we are using
: Sun Sparcstation10, with SunOS 4.1.3 and OpenWindows version 3. here are
: the questions

:  1. which verions of GRASS should i get?
:  2. where do i find it? (is there an ftp site for it)?
:  3. where do i get licensing (?sp) information (i get the feeling
:      that some parts of GRASS are Public Domain but i dont want to
:      be wrong about somthing like that ;) ) ?
:  4. where can i get some documentation about installation and command
:     description (if they are available in some concise manual) ?

: any help would greatly be appreciated

: thank you all

: ----------

: *--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
: |  Rica Saporta  B.Sc.F     |                                              |
: |  Faculty of Forestry      |           oo       "Elmo always              |
: |  University of Toronto    |         w"()"w        watches traffic        |
: |  33 Willcocks Street      |        W -==- W         when playing on      |
: |  Toronto, Canada          |         "wwww"            the information    |
: |  M5S 3B3                  |        w"    "w             superhighway"    |
: |  (416) 978-6960           |                                              |
: |     >>   saporta at smokey.forestry.utoronto.ca     <<                      |