g.region

martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl
Sun Jul 31 08:13:26 EDT 1994

Hi Dan, I found that this type of problem occurs when people are trying
to set up locations and mapsets, or accessing them for the first time,
and they don't have the required UNIX permissions to do so. For example,
setting a region means that GRASS will write into a file called WIND
which lives in your current mapset. If this file is write protected, the
command will fail. Similar things happen if you try to zoom, change color
files or generally try to support maps, and if you try to digitize...
	Make sure that you are the owner of the location and its mapsets
and that you have write permission.
	Hope this helps,

P. Martijn van Leusen
Institute of Prehistory, University of Amsterdam   martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl