GRASS and Sun operating sys

Ronald Thomas ront at niwot.CNR.ColoState.EDU
Wed Jun 1 18:59:15 EDT 1994

>I know there has been quite a bit of talk recently concerning
>v.digit but has anyone actually gotten v.digit to work properly
>on an SGI or a Sun with Solaris 2.x??
>
>Doug
Doug,

We got v.digit2 (the old v.digit) to run on a SPARCclassic running Solaris
2.2; we installed the message queues fix for faster graphics.  Never could get
the "improved" digitizer driver of the new v.digit to talk to our ALTEK -- at
least I'm assumming that was the problem.  v.digit2 works good enough, so I
haven't pursued it further.

(Oh yes, the new v.digit works well with a mouse!)

Ronald Thomas                                ront at meeker.cnr.colostate.edu
 Natural Resource Spec. (GIS)         ^^^    Phone: 303-586-1285
  Resources Management Division  ^^  ^^^^^   FAX: 303-586-1310
   Rocky Mountain National Park ^^^ ^^^^^^^  Estes Park, CO  80517