sites to raster

Brian Culpepper brian at cast.uark.edu
Thu Jun 2 13:30:17 EDT 1994

> Is there a way to convert a sites list to raster so as to keep the attributes
> of the sists lists intact?  When I go through s.menu all I get is a 0/1
> image.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

here goes,

     " You can create a non-binary raster map
      layer representation of your site list by creating the site
      list in the format:
        E|N| #n label
      where E is the Easting, N is the Northing, and #n label is
      the description field.  The description field consists of a
      pound sign # followed by the category value n to be
      associated with the site's cell location, and the category
      label label for n.
      If the user does not include a description field starting
      with
        #n
      beside the Easting and Northing on every line in the sites
      list file, a binary raster map layer will be created
      instead.  In the binary raster file, each site will be
      represented as the category value 1.  Non-site cells will...."

                                  - g.manual

Hope this helps,
--
R. Brian Culpepper                                 Research Assistant
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies           (fax) 501 575-3846
University of Arkansas                            brian at cast.uark.edu
Fayetteville, AR 72701