site.to.vector.to.rast

martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl
Tue Jun 7 05:06:26 EDT 1994

On Mon, 6 Jun 1994, Cliff Behrens wrote:

> Now, how can I produce a raster layer that assigns a site's value to all of
> the cells contained within that site's polygon?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help,

If you have true polygons, ie areas, the site list can be fairly easily
converted to a list of area labels. Have a look at existing files in the
$LOCATION/dig_att directory for the proper format. If the polygons are
not true areas, you would need to do some editing - I can supply further
details if necessary. Once the dig and dig_att files are OK you can run
v.support and v.to.rast on the map.

P. Martijn van Leusen
Institute of Prehistory, University of Amsterdam
martijn at scanner.frw.uva.nl