Looking for scripts...

Cliff Behrens cliff at bellcore.com
Thu Jun 9 15:07:38 EDT 1994

Grassers,

Has anyone written a script to do any of the following?

1)  Display a feature in response to a user supplied label.   For example,
    show me Main St. in map so-and-so, or show me census tract 44500 in
    the current map layer.

2)  Identify which (if any) polygon in a  map contains a site.  For
    example, I may want to associate the population density of a block
    group with a data point (or points) from a survey of commuters in
    my map region WHEN ONLY the UTM coordinates of the commuter parking
    lots are known.  So, how would I assign a single value (or average of
    values) to the appropriate block group containing the sample
    survey locations?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cliff Behrens