Individual GRASS monitors identified

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Mon Jun 13 21:24:03 EDT 1994

Steffen Meyer (steffen at longs.lance.colostate.edu) writes on 13 Jun 94:
>Recently I needed to display several maps simultatneously
>in separate GRASS monitors.  I moved the monitors around a lot, and
>lost track of which monitor was which.
>
>I would like to be able to identify from the frame of each
>GRASS monitor by the number of the monitor, say
>GRASS 4.1 x0,  GRASS 4.1 x1, ... instead of all having GRASS 4.1.

what updates are you using? what version of X11 libraries are you using
to compile? what window manager are you using?

Under mwm (and presumably under others), this information is displayed
in the title bar (e.g., "GRASS 4.1 - Monitor: x0").  However, if you
used X11R3, you will not get this (look at line 160 or so in
src/display/devices/XDRIVER/XDRIVER/Graph_Set.c)

--Darrell