GRASS and 300XL

N R A nra at cix.compulink.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 09:43:00 EDT 1994

Has anyone any experience of using the HP 300XL with Postscript option in
conjunction with the output from 'ps.map' ?

Ours has just arrived and I've tried a few test plots. They generally
work and look fine (if taking a long time to come out) but afterwards a
page is printed with a warning message 'Timeout' ?? - any idea what is
causing this ?

Related problem is trying to plot a raster map - the Postscript file was
about 1.2Mb - I copy the file using the DOS
'copy /b filename lpt1:' command (as with the other test files) and the
300XL starts to flash its busy light (as with the others). Then after a
while the PC reports a failure with the LPT port and a 'Fail, Abort,
Retry' message. Again any idea what is causing this ?

Thanks for any help,

Steve Culshaw
NRA North West
e-mail : nra at cix.compulink.co.uk (use this for general usage)