Grass and DesqView/X

Peter J Daugherty pjd at fir.for.nau.edu
Wed Jun 22 15:10:34 EDT 1994

Yes I run grass under desqview X - from a unix system.  The only difficulty
I had was ensuring that I ran desqview X with 256 colors (otherwise it
will not work).  The key thing is matching graphics cards, with desqviewX -
evidently (from dvx tech support) the kernal for dvx id pcxview (or something
lik that), since the quarterdeck people do not own it, they cannot upgrade
it.  Dvx supports chip sets not graphics cards - and they have not been
keeping up with the new chip sets - I am using an ATI graphics ultra +.

If you need more info - let me know.
pjd

P. J. Daugherty 		pjd at fir.for.nau.edu
School of Forestry 		(602) 523-6650 -- office
P. O. Box 15018			(602) 523-1080 -- FAX
Northern Arizonia University 	Flagstaff AZ 86011