new sites programs

Susan Huse sue at ced.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 2 16:49:31 EST 1994

> From grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil Mon Feb 21 13:29:55 1994
> Date: Mon, 21 Feb 94 16:25:00 -0500
> From: James Darrell McCauley <mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu>
> Sender: mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
> Sender: grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil
> To: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
> Cc: irina at zorro.cecer.army.mil
> Subject: new sites programs
>

> What new sites programs are being developed by others?
> Could you send me a program name and short description?
> Thanks,
> --Darrell <mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu>

Hi,
I've written an s.reclass program.  It still needs to be cleaned
a bit as far as potential user stupidities.  It is not interactive.
It is a /bin/sh script that makes a gawk call.

I have also written an db.sites program that is part of a subset of
database programs that uses ascii column (: delineated) format files
as databases, makes user defined queries, and reclasses the raster
or sites file (trivial to make a db.vect but our v.reclass is not
dependable).

I will be giving a paper on the dbase stuff at the conference and
we (UC Berkeley) will have booth or such for it and the s.reclass
(which is used by the database stuff)

-sue huse