copying files in linux

wadada AGYEI at net2.eos.uoguelph.ca
Sat Mar 5 16:12:38 EST 1994

Hi again comerades

I am finding some problems trying to make a copy of a unix file on a
floppy onto another floppy. I tried using the 'mount' command in
order to mount the A: drive so that I can copy the files on the
floppy into a temperary directory in Linux and then copy these files
from the temporary directory onto another floppy disk. On issuing the
command "mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt', this is the message that I
got:
        "mount:wrong fs type"

I guess the kind of files on the floppy were not DOS type and so it
was incorrect to use the above command. I will be very grateful to
get some help from anyone who has attempt playing with copying a unix
file type from one floppy to another. Thanks in advance.

eugene
agyei at net2.eos.uoguelph.ca