Removing dead lines from vector files

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Mar 8 09:57:56 EST 1994

Chris,
If you take these files into v.digit, and then immediately quit after getting
to the main menu, you will be offered the choice:
	Compress attributes? [n]

If you say "y", it will remove "dead" attributes automatically. This is
probably the easiest way to do it.

> Need some help please,
>
>      I have several VERY large vector files composed of "patched" elevation
> files that have been modified to the point that there are a large number of
> dead lines in them. I used v.clean on them but got an out of memory error
> message. This brings me to the question. I know the files are in the dig_att
> portion of GRASS, but how can I distinguish a dead line from a line that is
> supposed to remain. That is, what is the marker or lack of marker that
> identifies the dead line from a active line? I am planning on using a UNIX
> command to remove the offending lines and then running v.support to remake the
> topology.
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Chris D Garvin: Ft Sill, OKLAHOMA

Regards,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159