ps.map

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Mar 8 10:07:14 EST 1994

Philip,
If you haven't already done so, you need to create a device file under
$GISBASE/etc/paint/ps.devices, similar to the one in the ps.select manual
entry, and call it something like "paintjet.75". The example in the manual
should be a reasonable starting point, if the XL300 supports PostScript level 2:

level: 2
page width: 8.5
page height: 11.0
top margin: 0.5
bottom margin: 0.5
left margin: 0.25
right margin: 0.25
resolution: 75

You can then select it (ps.select paintjet.75) and run ps.map. The output
postscript file will be written with the parameters set in the device file;
you must manually send it to your printer. You can adjust margins, resolution,
etc., to suit your printer.

Let me know if this clears things up for you.

--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159