hardcopy output

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Wed Mar 9 11:55:07 EST 1994

> I have been trying to figure out how to produce hardcopy output from
> grass4.0, and recently I have noticed some discussion on *ps.map*.
>
> However I don't seem to be able to find this command. Is it a phenomenon
> of grass4.1?
>
> If so how can I go about creating a postscript file from grass4.0
>
> Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Paddy

Hi, Paddy
ps.map is an alpha program with GRASS4.1 . I would venture to guess that it
could probably be safely compiled with 4.0; if you want the source code,
Martin Ameskamp has separated out the alpha programs at ftp site:
	ftp.informatik.uni-kiel.de
as
	/pub/packages/grass/grass4.1/source.upd3/src.alpha.cpio.gz

These are gzipped and cpio'd.

Another approach is to use the pbm tools to convert output from p.map to
PostScript (compile and use the "pbm" device driver with p.map) (or is that
with p.map.new?!!).

IMHO the best approach would be to switch to GRASS4.1!! :-)
Regards,
--
Malcolm D. Williamson - Research Assistant       E-mail: malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies      Telephone: (501) 575-6159